Monday, February 1, 2010

Yummy Pork Stir Fry

I've never been confident with stir frys.  I've always strictly followed a recipe which always called for several different types of sauce and marinades which I never had in the cupboard so I'd end up spending a fortune on the meal.  But then I met Jared.  He taught me to relax and just throw flavours together. He also taught me about timing and heat; so the meal was cooked perfectly. So now we enjoy a stir fry often and I make it myself from scratch with no help from Jared. Yay me!

Today's stir fry is pork but we often use chicken or beef or even kangaroo.  As Jared taught me, its just a matter of adding whatever sauces and marinades you like until you are happy with the flavour.  We use our mini blitzing machine on pulse to mix it all together, but don't over blitz it or it froths.

Sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons asian style marinade   (I used Kikkoman Sweet Chilli Ginger & Soy Marinade)
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon chilli

2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 carrots, peeled and cut into batons
1 handful of snow peas
1 onion sliced
1 bunch coriander chopped
1 bunch broccolini
300g pork (or meat of your choice)

Blitz together all the sauce ingredients, but only on pulse so it doesn't turn to a frothy mess.   Marinate the meat in it for as long as you can.  I normally only have about half an hour once I get home from work, so it isnt that important.

Add 2 tablespoons sesame oil to a hot wok and brown the meat.  Do not pour the sauce in, just the meat.  Keep the left over sauce set aside.  Once the meat has browned,  then set aside.   Add all the veg and keep it moving and cooking.  Once the veg is close to being cooked, add the meat and the left over sauce.  At the last second add the chopped coriander and mix through.  Sprinkle some on top also.  Serve with rice or noodles.  (We prefer neither as we're always trying to avoid carbs).

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment