Saturday, November 21, 2009

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing




Jared and I were invited to a BBQ last Sunday.  We were asked to bring a salad.  I spent the morning browsing through my cookbooks and nothing was jumping out at me.  Plus I wanted something simple as I had had a few too many drinks the night before and my brain wasn't capable of anything fancy.  But at the same time I wanted to impress....   Then I remembered seeing a recipe on Sathya's Kitchen Adventures that had caught my eye - Buttermilk Ranch Dressing!   I'm a big big fan of Ranch dressing.  I always go for it at the Hogs Breath Cafe, Subway and at Billy Baxters.  Ranch Dressing is absolutely my favourite dressing and this recipe seemed simple!  So I made it and it was fantastic.  So delicious and creamy and all it needed was a green leafy salad - nothing fancy but the dressing was so full of flavour. 

The huge bowl of green leafy salad with the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing was a massive hit at the BBQ and the bowl was empty when I went to collect it.  Plus, the recipe makes plenty so we had it on our salads for the next two evenings.   This recipe is a winner!


1 cup full fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
buttermilk (to desired consistency)

1 clove garlic
1/4 cup italian flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
salt
lots of ground black pepper
dash of tabasco


Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon salt into the garlic and with a fork, mash the garlic and salt into a paste.

In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the buttermilk. Stir.  Add buttermilk until you have the desired consistency.  Taste and season.  Chill for a few hours.  Serve on a green leafy salad.

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment