Monday, November 2, 2009

Bollywood


My best mate and fellow blogger Sathya hosted a Bollywood Party on Saturday night to celebrate her 31st birthday and her new home.  The party was fantastic.  It was on a balmy night and it was so relaxed and the food was TO DIE FOR.  She made this for sweets and at the end of the night I decided F**K it and ate about 400 of them!  Sathya has received a few abusive messages letting her know how evil those little balls are!

Besides the sweets, the curries were also amazing, and the pakoras and samosas!  And the Punch! Wow! My contribution to the party was 2kg of Raita and a big bowl of mint chutney.   When I was making this chutney, which I'd never made before, I was very nervous.  Sathya knows a lot about Indian cuisine so I didn't want to let her down.  I had visions of the lonely chutney sitting on the side of the table and no one going near it; but in actual fact everyone was forced to try it as plates and plates of pakoras and samosas circled the party with my mint chutney in the middle.  And thank the Lord - I received compliments!!  So here is the recipe.


Mint Chutney
1 cup packed mint leaves
4 spring onions, chopped
1 small green chilli, with seeds
1 large garlic clove
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon yoghurt
2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt.

Blitz the heck out of it in a blitzer.  And thats it!  Apparently it goes brown overnight so you'd want to make it fresh for the occasion.




E.

1 comment: